Saturday, August 09, 2008

Shopping Bag - Attempt 1

I got this pattern from Lion Brand's Web site. It is the Eco-Friendly Expandable Shopping Bag. It was very easy to make. I used Lily Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn that I got at Micheal's in the big skeins for the cream flecked net and small balls of the contrasting purple. Ultimately, I was attempting to find a pattern for a reusable grocery bag when I found this one. The pattern really came out much more like a beach bag due to size and expandability. It expands well so you can stuff a lot into it. The problem is that the cotton has a little bit more stretch for the size of the bag than I would like. If you put very much weight in it, the bag drags way down from the shoulder. I am attempting to rework the pattern with some sizing changes to see if I can arrive at something more functional for my intended uses. I will update with the finished result.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That's so cute! I bet you could sell those bags...they are so popular these days.

LaetificantCor said...

I very probably could. I will do the reworked one and then photograph them side-by-side. I'm thinking a little smaller for the bag portion with a shorter strap would be more functional for carrying things like soup cans, for instance. :)