Saturday, August 16, 2008

First Knitted Baby Afghan

This is the very first baby afghan I have knitted. Tonight it went as a shower gift to the daughter of one of my dearest friends who is expecting her own daughter. By the looks of things tonight, that little one may be here any moment. :) The first picture is of the afghan before I washed it and added trim. I love how plush it came out and I think I found a new yarn to add to my list of favorites. I used Baby Bee Lambkins Baby Boucle that I got at Hobby Lobby. It was a thick plush yarn that had a nice sheen to it without a metallic thread. Below is the afghan after washing and adding the finishing ribbon. It added the touch of color the white afghan needed I thought. Using this yarn, with size 11 needles, and the Diagonal Pattern Baby Blanket at Lion Brand's Web site, 1/4" ribbon was the perfect size for threading through the increase stitch all the way around the blanket.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: