Sunday, August 10, 2008

Another flashback

Sometime after I found out I was pregnant with my oldest child, E, my mother and I were somewhere (Wal-Mart, maybe?) and saw this fabric with the city pattern on it. So we bought it, a matching green backing, the eyelet lace, and the quilt batting. I hand-quilted around the edges of the streets, buildings, animals, etc. When it was done my mother bound the edges with the eyelet lace. It came out really cute. E always referred to it as her "City Blanket". This picture was taken upon the completion of quilt. Obviously it took me a little while since the child I was pregnant with at the beginning of the project is about 9-months-old in this picture. It survived all 3 of my children quite well as they drove little matchbox cars all over the streets. It is currently packed up in a box in my basement awaiting the first grandchild. Note: E is now 20-years-old.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: