Sunday, May 17, 2009

Recycling

I'm behind on my blogging due to computer problems, so bear with the whole bunch of posts to follow. I'll start with my "recycling". You've all seen my post about the cute little purses the lady in the waiting room was making when I was at the hospital with DH. Well, I decided that I wanted to do something with the leftover grocery sacks I had around the house, which continue to accumulate. I tried several different methods for cutting them into strips including a photographic mat cutter and folding them up and just cutting them into small chunks which I then unrolled into the loops (DH's suggestion). Nothing worked so well as the rotary cutter, mat, and straight-edge that quilters use (that I had laying around and had never used). I tried as many as 8 neatly flattened out bags without difficulty. I could get even width strips. Weaving the loops through each other and then rolling into the ball of "plarn" was not at all difficult.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: