Sunday, November 08, 2009

Knit Hat for Donation

The "Knitting Hens" as member D is referring to us now, have taken on a project to knit/crochet hats and scarves to send as part of a new clothing/shoebox drive being done by East Lanier Community Church. These collected items will be going to a very depressed and rural part of West Virginia. I have finished my first hat. It's hard to tell, due to how the flash washed out the colors, but the yarn here is Hobby Lobby's Baby Bee Sweet Delight Twist in the color dawn, which is white and pale pink with the black twist. The pattern is one for Knit Hat & Mits from Red Heart which is configured for a number of sizes. The one in the picture is adult women sized (based on the fact that it's on my head in that last picture. :) I'll be making more in in the smaller sizes. The matching scarf to this hat is about half done and will be pictured later.
01/07/2009 Update: I'm behind I know, but I wanted to take a minute and say that between my daughter K and I, we contributed 2 hat/scarf sets and 3 scarves. Overall, our little group of knitting hens sent something like 1 dozen hats and 4 dozen scarves to West Virginia to keep people warm. What a great feeling!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

eerye70 said...

i have that yarn too! i made a scarf out of it, then i took a ribbon yarn that actually matched it perfectly and knitted it through. I loved it, i thought it would make an awesome sweater... I have set the pattern to the side, as i think doing caps and matching scarves would be a great project. of course, mine arent for charity, but rather profit, but we can hope!

eerye70 said...

love it. i think i have the same yarn already.