Sunday, March 08, 2009

Intarsia Panel 1

I've finished the first of five panels for the Intarsia Polka-Dot Baby Blanket tonight, except weaving in the ends, which are cleverly hidden for this picture. It's not perfect, but I'm pleased with how it has come out based on the fact that I'm just learning this skill. Four more panels to go. I think it's going to come out quite nice. I'll post in a few days with the second panel attached and the ends woven in. I'll attach it immediately because I won't be able to stand not knowing what it's going to look like. All in all, I'm pleased with how pretty this is, but I'm not sure this is a particular skill I will use terribly often. It is a real pain to manage all of the bobbins and goes rather slowly as a result. It might be okay for a couple of color changes in a specific item. This number of color changes though? I may stick to crocheted graph-ghans from here on out. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: