Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Proof that I've learned something....

After the slipper, people had to be wondering if I really actually learned anything or not, so I feel the need to prove it. I think I've mentioned before my intention to use all my left-over yarn, particularly the baby yarns, to make hats and such to donate to the hospital for newborns, the elderly, cancer patients, etc. Here is my first knit contribution to that collection of items. I used my Samsung Blackjack, which is a rather large cell phone, as a size comparison for the hat. This one is intended for a preemie. The pattern for this one is at Lion Brand's Web site, called Queen of Hearts Preemie / Newborn Hat. I decided to make it in a single color, omitting the instructions to change colors. And I used my favorite Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn. No surprise that I have left-overs in that brand. ;) The pom-pom was made with a Bucilla ® Doodle-Loom ® Tool Kit which I picked up at Hobby Lobby using one of my e-mail coupons to save 40%. Coming Soon: The very first complete knit baby afghan!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: